Sea Moss, often called "Chondrus Crispus “Vegan Gelatin”, "Irish Sea Moss, Carrageen Moss, or you may hear "Spiny Sea Vegetable. Sea Moss Gel is a mucilaginous and gel-like texture. Sea Moss is a type of algae or seaweed. It grows in waters along the rocky Atlantic coasts, primarily between North America, the Caribbean Island and Europe. Sea Moss has been around for thousands of year. Today Sea Moss is mainly used as a source of vitamins and minerals to benefit overall health.
Types of Sea Moss:
There are several species of seaweed/algae that are commonly referred to as sea moss. Today’s most popular and commonly used are Chondrus Crispus, Genus Gracilaria, and Eucheuma Cottonii. Sea Moss is an edible sea plant similar to other algae, and other familiar leafy sea vegetables like kelp or dulse.
Sea Moss Nutritional Value
Sea Moss is rich in Amino Acids, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Omega-3, antioxidants, and mineral. In fact, seasweeds like Sea Moss contains 92 of the 102 vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Sea Moss is naturally low in calories, fat, and sugar. It also contain a small amount of plant protein.
100 gms of Sea Moss contains
* Calories 49
* Total Carbohydrates 12.3 g
* Omega-3 47.0 mg
* Omega-6 2.0 mg
* Protein 1.5 g
Vitamins and Minerals
* Vitamin A 118 IU
* Vitamin B 120 mcg
* Vitamin C 3.0 mg
* Calcium 72.0 mg
* Vitamin E 0.9 mg
* Folate 182 mg
* Vitamin K 5.0 mcg
* Vitamin B 60.1 mg
* Iron 8.9 mg
* Zinc 1.95 mg
* Potassium 63.0 mg
* Sodium 67.0 mg
* Water 81.3 g
Many people use Sea Moss for its great health benefits.
* Sea Moss is also a naturally good source of iodine, a micronutrient necessary for thyroid health.
* Full of Antioxidants - which are compounds that help protect your cells from disease-causing oxidative damage
* Anti Viral and Anti Bacterial
* Immune Booster - Studies found that seaweed improved immune modulation and immune response.
* May Help Support Weight Loss - Studies have shown that a compaound in seasweekd called fucozanthin promotes fat matabolism. Seaweeds and microalgae are rich in fiber that can help you feel full and prevent overeating.
* May Improve Gut Health - Seaweeds are a good source of live bacteria and fiber.
* May Promote Heart Health - Studies have found that seaweed reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol and acts as a blood thinner, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease
* May Improve Boood Sugar Management - Studies found that the compound fucoxanthin in seaweed reduced high blood sugar. Another study found that a compound in seaweed called alginate prevented blood sugar spikes.
* May Aid in Dissolving Phlegm and sooths inflammation of the mucus membrane.
* May Aid in Congestion and clearing of the lungs
Essentials Wellness Plus offer Sea Moss in gel form as well as a gummy. We also offer Sea Moss infused with fruit, elderberry, bladderwrack and burdock root. These combinations benefits overall well being, to include immunity, thyroid, digestive and joint health.
Multi Purpose: In gel form, seamoss has a neutral taste and can be added to: Fruit Smoothies, Green Smoothies, Juices, Coffee, Teas, Soups, Curry Sauces, and Stews. Can be used as a Vegan Geling Agent to Thicken Jams, Puddings, Cakes and other Desserts.
Externally: Sea Moss Gel can be made into a lotion, hair conditioner, and Face Mask for Hydration.
Made from high-quality wildcrafted sea moss, we take great pride in selecting only the finest variety of sea moss for our products.
Essentials Wellness Plus Sea Moss products are free from chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavors, sweeteners and colors.
Click "Buy Now" to explore your favorite flavor options.
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.